I really enjoyed doing the TBR challenge hosted by Roof Beam Reader this year. It is good for a number of reasons. First of all, it draws attention to books that have been on your shelf for a while and reminds you that at some stage you did want to read these books. For the most part, I wondered why I had left it so long to read them. Even better, I managed to remove three to the charity shop. Actually creating space on my bookshelves is a new experience and makes doing the challenge again worthwhile. For next year’s challenge I’ve focused a bit more on classics as this is an area I feel I need to read more in.
For more information see Roof Beam Reader’s site.
Here is my list:
1. Jane Austen – Persuasion (1818) – November
3. R. J. Ellory – The Anniversary Man (2009) -February
9. Khaled Hosseini – A Thousand Splendid Suns (2006) September
10. Jean Rhys – Wide Sargasso Sea (1966) January
11. Walter Scott – Rob Roy (1817) – December
13. Maggie O’Farrell – The Hand That First Held Mine (2009)
14. The Reader – Bernard Schlink (1995)