Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This weeks list is the ten most recent additions to my TBR list.
I’ve decided to list five actual books and five from my kindle. When I first bought the kindle, I tried to not let it happen – a TBR shelf. I only bought a book when I had finished a book. But that turned out to be unfeasible because it meant a bit of messing around before I could start a new book. Apart from anything, Amazon’s daily emails with potential bargain books soon saw to it that I had a lot of books waiting to be read. Of course, it doesn’t take up any physical space but still, there are books that have been waiting a long time to be read.
Five from my actual bookshelves – I’ve been buying a lot of modern classics lately so most of these are quite old. I’m particularly looking forward to I Robot as it has been on my meaning to buy / read list for a long time.
- I Robot – Isaac Asimov (1950)
- The Collector – John Fowles (1963)
- The Maltese Falcon – Dashiell Hammett (1930)
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine – Gail Honeyman (2017)
- Choke – Chuck Palahnuik (2001)
Five from my kindle – I try not to spend a lot on kindle books – there isn’t much point when you can get such a lot for 99p. It means that I often buy things that I wouldn’t buy at full price. Paris Echo is probably the next read here. I’ve only ever read Birdsong so it would be interesting to read something else by Faulks.
- Testament of Youth – Vera Brittain (1933)
- Paris Echo – Sebastian Faulks (2018)
- A House for Mr Biswas – V. S. Naipaul (1961)
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn – Mark Twain (1884)
- 20000 Leagues under the Sea – Jules Verne (1869)