Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I haven’t read that many authors that were new to me this year but here is my top ten – in no particular order.
- The Hundred Year Flood – Matthew Salesses
- The Fight – Norman Mailer
- July’s People – Nadine Gordimer
- Divergent – Veronica Roth
- Just my Type – Simon Garfield
- We are all Completely Beside Ourselves – Karen Joy Fowler
- Fever – Mary Beth Keane
- Sleepyhead (Tom Thorne 1) – Mark Billingham
- Shutter Island – Dennis Lehane
- The Secret History – Donna Tartt
I’m quite pleased that this list is 50% female authors as I did make a bit of an effort this year to read more female authors. (Last year was pretty woeful in the male: female reading ratio stakes.) My favourites are probably Shutter Island, We are all Completely Beside Ourselves and The Hundred Year Flood. There is also the start of two new series here but, as yet, I haven’t read the next book. I’m fairly certain that I’ll carry on reading the Tom Thorne books but I’m less grabbed by the Divergent series.