I’ve been excited for the last few days about what books to pick for next year’s challenge but I felt I couldn’t post about it until I had finished this years challenge. I finished Travels in the Congo this morning so here is the new list.
For those of you who don’t know, what you need to do is select a book from each of the following categories and when you have read it, post a review. It is hosted by Book’d Out.
I haven’t decided on all categories yet. These are the ones that I already have on my shelves. As for the others, I haven’t a clue at the minute. I’m more than happy to take recommendations especially for contemporary romance, definitely not a genre I normally read.
1. Retellings (of fairytale, legends or myth) The Penelopiad – Margaret Atwood
2. A book set in a country starting with the letter S (eg. Sweden, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Slovakia) July’s People – Nadine Gordimer (Set in South Africa)
3. PI Crime (fiction featuring a private investigator) Farewell, my lovely – Raymond Chandler
4. A novel published before you were born Carmilla – Joseph Sheridan La Fanu
5. Contemporary romance How to fall in Love – Cecelia Ahern
6. Fiction for foodies (fiction featuring food/food related business) Babette’s Feast – Karen Blixen
7. Microhistory (Non Fiction) Just my Type – Simon Garfield
8. Science Fiction set in space Consider Phlebas – Iain M. Banks
9. Sports (Fiction or Non fiction) The Fight – Norman Mailer
10. Featuring diversity I am J – Cris Beam
11. Epistolary Fiction (fiction written in the format of letters/emails/diary entries) Before I Go To Sleep – S. J. Watson
12. Middle Grade/YA Adventure – The Giver – Lois Lowry
2 thoughts on “Eclectic Reader Challenge 2015”
I can’t wait to get started again.
Happy to have you joining the challenge in 2015! I look forward to seeing what you think about the books you choose!