I have been away for a week or so in the internet free zone of my mother’s house. (At least I managed to get some writing done but all other tasks for the summer have so far been a non-starter.) When I returned I discovered that Sarah Evans at A Place that does not exist had nominated me for a versatile blogger award. It is lovely to think that my readers are inspired by my blog. In fact, I sometimes find it hard to believe that anyone is even interested in my ramblings. I’ve spent the last few days trying to decide on blogs to nominate myself as one of the things I have to do is nominate other blogs for the award. As well as add seven things about myself.
Ten blogs I’d like to nominate for this award. (I know I’m supposed to do fifteen and I promise I will add the others but I’ve been having a lot of computer issues and I want to actually get this posted.)
6. Book Snob
7. Book Journey
8. Doing Dewey
I will contact each of them individually to let them know. Here are the rules for anyone who has been nominated:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post. Make sure to post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Seven things about me:
1. I have written a lgbt novel called Shattered Reflections which was published last year. I’m rubbish at promoting it.
2. I love to write and will continue to do so regardless of how many I sell, how many readers I have etc. I’m currently working on two projects – Choose Yr Future and The Meaning of Sickness.
3. I read a lot and try to read as many different genres as I can. My favourite author is Margaret Atwood. I’m really looking forward to reading Maddaddam.
4. I get stupidly excited when our seasonal veg delivery comes.
5. I’ve stopped listening to what is in the charts and I no longer care that I do not know what the young folk are listening to.
6. I like it when it is really cold and the sky is blue better than when it is really hot and sunny. The sun gives me a headache.
7. I secretly watch Hollyoaks even though I would definitely look down on anyone else who watches it. I blame Emmett J Scanlan as I have a massive crush on him although he has now left and I am still watching it.
Thanks again to all my readers and I will endeavour to try and keep the blog as interesting as I can.