Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week, the topic is Books I love were written more than ten years ago. As I read more older books than recent ones, this was not a difficult list to write. These are my most recent 5 star reads on Goodreads that are older than 10 years.
- The Hand That First Held Mine – Maggie O’Farrell (2009)
- The Collector – John Fowles (1963)
- Anansi Boys – Neil Gaiman (2005)
- Mysterious Skin – Scott Heim (1996)
- The Reamins of the Day – Kazuo Ishiguro (1989)
- The Lost Language of Cranes – David Leavitt (1986)
- The Shipping News – Annie Proulx (1993)
- All Quiet on the Western Front – Erich Maria Remarque (1929)
- The Plot Against America – Phillip Roth (2004)
- The Midwich Cuckoos – John Wyndham (1957)